This is not what I ordered!!!

Friday, December 12, 2008 Leave a Comment

Don't you just hate that. You're starving but the girlfriend wouldn't let you eat anything on the way to the restaurant because it might "spoil your appetite." Bah! So you get there and your girlfriend's best friend's stupid date forgot to make reservations so you're spending the first half hour of couples night waiting to be seated.

You spend the next half hour smiling, nodding, and acting like you're having a good time. On top of that, you just nod at whatever the stupid guy who forgot to make reservations is saying as he tries to make it seem like he knows a lot about sports, but really outside of Tom Brady whom he seems to have a secret man crush for, he really can't name another player in the NFL.

So finally your pager thing vibrates, you breathe a sigh of relief and decided that once seated at the table you'd rather take part in the women's girly talk rather than listen to this "guy" talk about sports and soccer. Finally waitress takes everyones order. You got the biggest steak they have and stupid "guy" eventually makes a decision whether he'll get the soup or salad.

One hour has passed and still no food, but plenty of boring conversation.

Then finally the food comes. Your girlfriend gets a gigantic chicken salad and she will probably eat your fries. Her BFF gets some other form of "healthy" salad, and she will probably stare at your steak all night. Girly man gets his side of house salad to go w/ his smoke salmon that matches the color of his man blouse. Finally... Finally the server puts your plate in front of you and its.... its....

Well it doesn't matter. It's not what your ordered. It's nothing close to what you wanted. It's nothing close to what you would consider to be edible. You are mad... and very hungry. So you yell out loud in frustration, "THIS IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED!!!"

Anyway, that's how I feel about former USC star, Reggie Bush. What happened to the next Gale Sayers? I remember the year he came out everyone talked about how he would make Sportscenters' Top 10 every week. He has shown some flashes, but that's all it is. He is no Adrian Peterson, and I'm sad to say he is not even a Pierre Thomas.

I'm not a big stat guy so you can look it up and see what I'm talking about. Last night was a sad night. My opponent in my 1st Fantasy Football League had Pierre Thomas on his team. I had Reggie Bush. Boy who would've seen this coming? I got burned.

I didn't get what I ordered. I'm hungry. The fans of New Orleans are hungry too. While they may not have gotten exactly what they ordered and expected, they at least have Pierre Thomas to satisfy their hunger. Based on last night's game, Reggie Bush is no filet mignon compared to Pierre Thomas.

0 comments »