Sark or Kiff?

Monday, December 15, 2008 Leave a Comment

I doubt either one will try to reinvent the wheel. Pete Carroll has a great system and clearly his way of doing things produce great results. Carroll's success is a result of great recruiting, great defense, and extremely competitive practices. I'm sure there are other intangibles that adds to his success, and I'm quite certain that during their time with Pete and USC, Sark and Kiff have picked those up as well.

Do you remember that ridiculous article awhile back ago when Oakland Raider Players complained of how hard Kiff was making them practice? I found it amusing. Chances are they were put through a Pete Carroll type of practice, and we end up with players making millions of dollars complaining.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what happens. Two great young coaches will take a winning formula and implement it in two programs that definitely needs a boost. I'm not at all worried that they will take key recruits away from USC. (If one of them do, I think it would likely be Kiffin considering the Vols long tradition and of course his geographic location) I am very curious to see if they'll be able to replicate USC's success or at least something close to it. Cause even if they are half as successful as Pete, I think they would still be considered more successful than the average college coach. What do you think?

0 comments »