It's a fun thing to do

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 Leave a Comment

So today Pete Carroll announced that the Trojans will wear their home jerseys against UCLA this coming Saturday despite the fact that it will cost the team 2 timeouts - one timeout per half.

PC is quoted saying "I just thought it was a really cool tradition... I think it's the fun thing to do, and I think the fans will appreciate it over time."

I think it is fun. It has been 26 years since both teams wore their home colors when the two programs shared the same home field in the Coliseum. I think it's more than just a "fun thing to do" as far as PC is concerned. It's almost a sign of arrogance to be willing to give up timeouts that could prove to be crucial if the Trojans find themselves in a close game.

Does the arrogance bother me at all? No, not at all. Fucla is like that guy at work that everyone loves to hate, and wearing the home jersey is like going to that guy's house uninvited, putting your feet up on the coffee table and taking control of his remote control. Yeah it's a little disrespectful, but when it's against your bitter rival, as Peter Carroll said it's a "fun thing to do"

0 comments »