Beavers and Herpes

Sunday, December 7, 2008 Leave a Comment


Yes, herpes. You know, that sexually transmitted disease. First off I always find myself laughing at those drug commercials. They show a woman and a guy playing frisbee at the park or running around by the water at the beach. It's funny, cause they get me every damn time. I'm like what's this about? Then they zoom in on the girl and she says with Kodak moment type of smile, "I have genital herpes."

Luckily, I've never had a first hand encounter with anyone with genital herpes. If I did, I'm sure they wouldn't announce it with a smile like those people in the commercials do. Anyway, if you have met someone with this STD, I'm sure you haven't forgotten about them and probably never will. There are just some things that really stick! Herpes is one of them.

In USC's case the past few years USC's herpes have been Texas, FUCLA (13-9), Stanford. This year the Beavers is USC's herpes. Beavers and herpes in the same sentence just sounds so wrong and inapproriate in so many ways. But as we said, it just sticks. So I can totally understand how Pete Carroll was feeling when he said, "All year, for whatever reason, the loss we had hung on us... It didn't seem that the opinion of that loss ever changed."

I hate that regardless of how dominant USC has been since that fluke of a loss, our Trojans aren't even in the conversation for the National Championship. It sucks and it's getting old. Pete Carroll was dead on. USC really wasn't able to shake off this loss to the Beavers all year. Next time we go up to wet muggy Corvallis, we better come more prepared and wear a raincoat. Cause you just never know who will be next year's herpes.

I usually try to post a picture with each post, but doing a google image search for herpes was a bad idea. So here. gummi bears are safe

0 comments »