Don't Fire Charlie Weis!

Saturday, November 29, 2008 Leave a Comment

Ha, you're thinking why the heck not? It's under Charlie's watch when Notre Dame loses to Navy at home ending their 43 year winning streak against NAVY. Didn't Weis just lose to Syracuse? Ha ha, yes that was pretty funny too. Isn't Charlie Weis' record worse than the record of Ty Willingham? Well Chuck has won 58% of his games with a 28-20 winning record. Ty also won 58% with his 21-15 record. Since the Irish will be playing USC later today, Chuck's record will officially be worse.

So why am I against the the firing of Charlie Weis? Well I'm not an Irish fan. Oh oops wait a second. But even Irish fans want Weis fired don't they? I mean the fans did throw snowballs at the team and the coaching staff at their last home game. Right right. Well I don't want Charlie Weis fired because I find him amusing. It's not exactly the best reason to keep a coach, but he gives us the best one liners.
Here's a few:

"I could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow"
Well I know The ROCK can
, but I'm not so sure about you Charlie. You got the 2nd best recruiting class in the nation last year and you're still not winning.

"...if he's (the quarterback) with me for one day he'll be good, two days he'll be great and three days he'll be incredible."


#1 Ranked QB out of HS 20 TDs 15 INTs 59% comp#14 Ranked QB out of HS 32 TDs 7 INTs 77.6% comp

...and 2 years he'll be mediocre??? Colt McCoy wasn't as highly regarded out of high school but he has put up better numbers than your QB against tougher teams.

Notre Dame will have a "schematic advantage" Ha! I say to you. That's like Dubya Bush
bush press conferencesaying he has a good foreign policy

Anyway, back to what I was saying. While it might be a Weis move to get rid of Charlie. (Like how I used Weis instead of wise? Clever huh?) I just don't want them to fire him. Ten more years of Weis at the helm for the Irish means 10 more years of USC dominating them by 30 points. Besides, it's always fun watching fat arrogant slobs who have never played the game of football fail miserably.

2 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    We need to keep Weis for the next 20 years. 9 yards in the first half. Wow.

  • Anonymous said:  

    This guy is like a bad ex gf. Got fatter.. more obnoxious. and when asked straight up about an issue, he just goes of on some wild tangent