USC Footblog Top 10 (cause anything lower is like placing 4th in the Olympics)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 Leave a Comment

1(1) USC - The Buckeyes fall apart once again in the big stage against an elite team. Well they didn't really fall apart. They gave the Trojans their best, but clearly that wasn't enough. The Trojan Offense played well. The Defense rose to the occasion, and the Buckeye QB fell... many times

2(2) Oklahoma - The Sooners impressed once again, and this time against Washington. Their offense is just amazing led by Bradford. He reminds me a little bit of Jason White. I'm still iffy about their defense, but in the end all that matters is who has more points on the scoreboard, and the Sooners have showed they can score plenty.

3(4) Florida - An idle week for the Gators gave them a chance to rest before a great match up next week against the Volunteers. They still deserve to get bumped up since Georgia failed to impress against South Carolina.

4(6) Missouri - If you've noticed in our polls the previous 2 weeks, I left a blank comment on this team. I was just left speechless. Well their offensive performance was amazing, but again it was against Nevada. But still, here you go Mizzou - WOW

5(3)Georgia - I bumped you up 2 spots last week, but South Carolina almost put you in your place, and so I will put you back in your old place. Defense wins championships and you showed you can play defense, but against teams like USC, Florida, and Oklahoma, you will have to put some points on the board as well. I'm beginning to doubt you can outscore those type of teams.

6(7) LSU - This game seriously reminded me of something I saw on the news. I even found the article here It's about some 18 year old kid that tried to steal from a little girl's lemonade stand and she called the cops on him. Well LSU bullied the little kids of North Texas here. I can't wait to see what they do with kids their size - Auburn.

7(5) Ohio State - The lost against SC was devastating to their program and the image of the big 10. I couldn't even get myself to capitalize BIG like I normally would in that sentence. The Buckeyes took a huge fall in many polls, but I'm only dropping them 2 spots. Yes they lost to SC, but that was like playing an AFC team. The Buckeyes aren't as good as the Trojans, but I still think their better than teams like Wisconsin, Auburn, and even Texas.

8(8) Texas - Only a hurricane can stop this team, and it did.

9(x) Alabama - They surprised us in their game against Clemson. They've had a couple of gimmies since but can't deny that they looked great. Maybe they'll do an East Carolina and just make a cameo appearance on our top 10. With the Razorbacks and Bulldogs coming up next in their schedule, I guess we'll see.

10(x) USC Practice Squad - Wisconsin barely escaped against Fresno State. Auburn scored a field goal against Mississippi State??? I don't know how those teams can get ranked so high in these polls. I do like Texas Tech and really enjoy South Florida after that game against Kansas, but I just thought this would be funnier.

0 comments »